Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year: New Blog Focus

I heard a quote recently, and I've been pondering it a great deal.

“The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”
Benjamin Disraeli

I love sharing the blessings God has given me, especially here on my blog. I do it to reveal His goodness and grace. But this quote made me realize that sometimes the best way to reveal God's goodness and grace is to help others see the blessings in their own life.

With that in mind, I've decided to use the new year as an opportunity to restructure my blog. I still plan to share my passions for writing, family, faith, history, and Minnesota--but I hope to do it in a way that exhibits the goodness of God, and reveals His blessings in everyone's lives, and not just my own.

Here are some ways I plan to do that:

1. I'm taking part in a 21 Day Challenge to be Clutter Free in 2015 with author Kathi Lipp. I plan to blog about this experience and what I learn about God's eternal blessings for all of us as I de-clutter my life.

2. I'm also on a launch team to help promote a new book by Roger and Kathi Lipp called Happy Habits for Every Couple. My husband and I have agreed to participate in a 21 day challenge to a happier marriage, and I'll blog about our experiences here.

3. I will share my love of history through fun posts about objects, people, places, and events that have shaped our world. Through history, we can see the Hand of God at work, and understand His great love for us.

4. I've lined up amazing authors to join me here on Wednesdays. Each person will offer a giveaway and will talk about their stories and writing. I have every genre in Christian Fiction covered, so there will be something for everyone.

5. I will continue to share my perspective on family, faith, and friendships, and how we can recognize the blessings in our daily lives.

6. I also plan to share some recipes and tips about healthier eating to encourage all of us to honor the bodies God has blessed us with.

These are just some of the ways I hope to reveals the riches in all our lives. It's going to be a great year! I hope you'll join me often as we explore the vast and incomparable wealth of God.

Your Turn: I'd love to hear your suggestions. How can we help reveal the riches in other people's lives?

1 comment:

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!