Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Break & National Call to Prayer

As the days draw closer and closer to Christmas, I'm finding myself getting more and more excited to celebrate this beautiful season. In light of the tragedies last week in Connecticut, I have a feeling this Christmas may be more special than most, if that's possible. Though our country grieves, I believe this year, more than others, we'll hold our loved ones a little closer and embrace each moment we're given. I think it will cause all of us to pause and really contemplate the great gift the Babe in the manger has brought us.

On Wednesday, December 19th at 9:45 am CST MOPS, International is asking for a  National Call to Prayer for those affected by the shooting in Sandy Hook, and also for all the parents across our country who have become attacked with fear for our children. Please join me in lifting our voices as one.

I will be taking a blogging break to celebrate and prepare for Christmas. I will return on Wednesday, January 2nd. On that day I will also be a guest on my good friend Melissa Tagg's blog! I'm excited to talk about all things new.

Today I will close with the prayer I say for my children before bed each night and as I drop them off at school every morning:

"May God bless and keep you, may God's face shine on you and may God be kind to you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Merry Christmas from our family to yours. May the joy and wonder of this blessed holiday season fill you with hope as you remember and celebrate the birth of our Savior.


6 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm excited to have you on my blog in January. Woohoo! Until then, enjoy your blogging break and have a very merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! I'm super excited to be on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for Jan. 2 when I get you and Mel in one spot!! Merry Christmas, Gabe. One of God's best gifts to me this year was you and your friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of my greatest gifts, too! Merry Christmas. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish you a blessed celebration of Christmas, Gabrielle, and all the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Keli. Thank you for the gift of your friendship this past year. I wish the same to you.

      Delete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!