Thursday, December 6, 2012

Friday Fun: Decorating the Tree

Happy Friday! December is flying by in the blink of an eye. Less than three weeks to Christmas and four weeks until the new year!

I'm married to Mr. Christmas. David's birthday is on the 27th and he's always felt a fondness for sharing his birthday with this holiday. He loves to decorate, watch Christmas movies, make cookies and generally listen to Christmas music every chance he can. He always sings during the Christmas Eve service at church - which is one of my favorite moments of the season.

The past few Christmases have been a little hectic for us because of the twins being so little, but this year has been a lot different. They are finally leaving the tree alone (sort of) and they are noticing little bits of Christmas here and there as we drive through town, go shopping, watch Christmas movies, etc. The girls are enjoying the fact that none of their ornaments have been broken this year!

We decorated the tree on Sunday evening and I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of what it looks like to decorate the tree in our house.

Next Friday I plan to share one of our traditions with you - it's one of my favorite things, no matter what time of year it is.


Daddy took a break and demonstrated juggling
(these are plastic ball ornaments!)


My oldest holding the beads

He's trying to juggle like Daddy - he always sticks
his tongue out when he's concentrating
 
She had high hopes to juggle six at a time!


Helping Daddy string lights (notice Dave's pajama
bottoms are Christmas lights...)
Sad that he couldn't do it by himself

My oldest wanted to take a picture of me

Our oldest hanging the first ornament

What about you? Have you decorated a tree this year?

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I love your tree and seeing your sweet children. I have not put up our tree because it is just too warm here in Texas! Next week a cold front is coming and I'm going to do it then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the ribbon thing too!! Only, umm, I do way more. Like, ALOT more. I have 3 or 4 each of gold and ruby/burgundy ribbons. I have ribbon issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are adorable. And Dave can juggle? THAT's why you married him, not because you both like canoeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrinda - it's been pretty chilly around here, but this week it warmed up enough to melt all the Thanksgiving snow, so now we're staring at a greenish/brown world again. :) Have fun decorating - I bet your tree always looks amazing!

    Jennifer - I wish I could do more ribbon, but I'm fighting against time as my kids hang on me to hurry up and finish so they can start getting the ornaments up! And, yes, I fell in love with Dave's juggling skills! :) It really impresses our children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh pretty!! Okay, so, I was planning NOT to decorate for Christmas this year. I know, that sounds Scrooge-y, but mostly, it's just because I'm busy and out of town half the weekends in December and I live alone, so I was going to skip it. BUT...this week my mom and sister decided to bless me by cleaning my place AND putting up my Christmas decorations while I was at work. I walked in after work and literally almost started crying. Such. a. blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute pics!! I think you know this but I asked my dad for all of my mom's ornaments and started hanging them on our 9' tree a few years ago when we moved into a house. She had such pretty ornaments so it's like a little bit of her here with me every Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!

    We have the tree up and the lights are on, but we are waiting for my son to come home from Law School on the 19th before we decorate it. The kids still love to decorate it together like they did when they were children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Dave know you post these pictures for the world to see? Those pants are spectacular. :) Fun post!

    Lindsay - one of these days I will create an account and stop being 'anonymous'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!