Gwendolyn Gage! Gwen was one of the first people I started following back in February when I discovered the blogosphere. I saw her name on Laura Frantz' website and clicked on her. I'm so happy I did, because I've absolutely loved getting to know Gwen and spending time on her blog.
As a part of the award, I'm to share 7 interesting things about myself, and then grant this award to 7 other blogs.
7 Interesting things about me:
1. I'm the fifth generation on my Dad's side of the family to live in Minnesota and the third generation to live in our hometown.
2. My mom is the mayor of our town. She's the second female mayor we've ever had. Here's a blog post I wrote in honor of her in March.
3. I'm a member of a Sister City Exchange program between my city and Le Bourget, France. In 2009 I visited France for the first time and stayed with a host family. I've helped host the French people in our city three times now and it's one of my favorite things to do.
4. I have a phobia of wood ticks. This hearkens back to a bad memory from childhood.
5. The greatest inspiration for my writing comes from things that are timeless: a thunderstorm, a lake or river, a grove of pine trees, an open field, a sunset. I'm also inspired by people and events in the past.
6. I've wanted to be a mommy since I was three years old. I remember walking around our house, when I was little, with a ball under my shirt, pretending I was pregnant! Next to being a wife, being a mommy is the greatest privilege of my life.
7. My sister is visiting from Colorado this week with her baby!!!
7 Kreativ Blog Award Winners:
I couldn't possibly pick only seven! If you read this post, consider yourself a winner and share it on your blog!
What about you? Do you have any phobias of creatures? What's your greatest inspiration for writing?