Sunday, May 13, 2012
I've Been Nominated for an Award!
1.) Thank the person who nominated you.
2.) Share seven things about yourself.
3.) Nominate Seven Other Versatile Bloggers.
I've always been an open book, so I struggle to find seven things to write about myself that my friends don't already know - but since I'm blessed to have so many new friends out in the blogosphere, all of this will be new for you!
1. I am from a large extended family (14 aunts, 16 uncles, 35 first cousins + their spouses)
2. I worked for ten years at a Historic Site (House & Museum) before staying home full time with my kiddos
3. My parents were high school sweethearts and my 3 siblings and I all ended up marrying our high school sweethearts, too!
4. I love thunderstorms & blizzards (the weather condition and the Dairy Queen treat!)
5. My favorite month is June
6. I've been to 40 states in the U.S.A.
7. I have an amazing family tree that includes an ancestor burnt at the stake in 1555 (Thomas Hubbard), one that sailed to America in 1633 (Samuel Hubbard), a drummer boy for George Washington (named Gideon Burrdick) and I am descended from Edward I "Longshanks" King of England (b. 1239, d. 1307) by 27 generations. My family's genealogical record is well documented by http://www.familysearch.org/, for which I am eternally grateful. :)
I am excited to nominate seven other Versatile Bloggers! I hope you get a chance to visit their sites, all of these ladies are so much fun to follow.
1. Melissa Tagg
2. Lindsay Harrel
3. Amy Matayo
4. Thoughtful Parenting - Beka
5. My Little Life - Missy
6. Sherrinda Ketch
7. Gwendolyn Gage