Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ravioli Soup Recipe

Before I started blogging some of my recipes, I hadn't realized how many "go-to" recipes I have. As a mother of four little ones, my recipes need to contain three important aspects: my children need to like it, it needs to be healthy (proteins, grains, veggies and dairy) and it has to be a recipe with ingredients I can keep on hand, things that freeze well or keep well on the shelf. I hope you enjoy this recipe today, it has all three!

Ravioli Soup
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
3/4 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 T. olive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
1 (24 oz.) can Italian style or plain crushed tomatoes
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped (or 1-2 Tbsp. dried parsley leaves)
1 (16 oz.) pkg. plain cheese filled raviolis without sauce (found in the freezer section)
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese (as garnish)

Combine all ingredients together, except frozen ravioli and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain ravioli and add to soup. Serve with Parmesan cheese, sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!