Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Modified Schedule


The next several weeks are going to be incredibly busy for me as I transition into my fall schedule. School will be starting, which brings with it a whole new routine (and a lot of acronyms...). We have AWANA (Wednesday night church), MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), ECFE (Early Childhood/Family Education) classes, Zumba (for me), homeschool co-op, piano lessons, not to mention the ACFW Conference, a visit from my sister, family pictures and Melissa Tagg's debut release party, which I'll be attending in Iowa.

Phew!

With all that said, I've decided to take a semi-blogging break. I plan to blog on Mondays until the conference, because I'd love to share a few more conference experiences with all of you. After that it may be a little sketchy until October, when I'll be back with a fabulous month of guest authors! I have a fabulous line up, if I do say so myself. Some debut authors, some multi-published, some self-published and some traditionally published--but all incredible!

I look forward to adjusting to our fall schedule. It takes a little time to get it all ironed out, but when we do, things usually run pretty smooth.

Your Turn: Does your schedule change drastically from summer to fall? What activities will keep you busy this coming month?

9 comments:

  1. My schedule changes BIG time each fall. Gwynly returns to school after his two-month vacation. He's been back almost two weeks, and the cats and I are missing him. We'll adjust, but it takes a while.

    I wish you well on your many activities and hope your adjustment to the school-year schedule goes well, Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same trouble here, Keli, but in reverse. My husband is a landscaper, so in the winter we get him at home, but in the spring we have to adjust to him being gone for the majority if the day. And this year is the first you don't have a child returning to school! I hope the adjustments are going well for both changes.

      Delete
  2. Same here Keli and Gabe. Ted has been back to school for 2 weeks, Ben for one week, and we take our daughter back to college this weekend. We have committee meetings, campouts, biking, wood stacking, canning, and freezing to finish up. The garden will need to be torn out, and the honey taken off the hives before hunting season starts in October. By then drama practice will have started and I'll need to ready myself for my son's senior year organizing. Not to mention ACFW for me too.

    Blessings on your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to yours, Anne! I can't even imagine how different the changes will be when my children are older.

      Delete
  3. Don't forget cookie making in all that busy-ness! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, my schedule doesn't change that much as I don't have kids BUT I sense a crazy change coming this year just because of book launch stuff. It'll be a ride, that's for sure...

    Hope the modified schedule is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Melissa!! Lots of changes coming your way. :) Good changes. Praying for all the wonderful things in your fall/winter. I'm so thrilled to get to be a small part of it.

      Delete
  5. This fall is definitely different for us. Son is starting Christian school and homeschooling for my girls has been backed up by my writing schedule/demands. But the textbooks are shipping now, much to my kiddos' chagrin. I'm kind of in the period of my life where I've bowed out of a lot of activities. Hope you have a great, blessed fall, Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!