Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Sunshine Award

 

 
I was given the Sunshine Award from the lovely Gwendolyn Gage. Gwen has a wonderful blog where I've enjoyed getting to know her.

The Rules Are:

1. Answer the eight questions asked by the person who gave you the award.
2. Nominate eight new people (no tag-backs) and notify them on their blog.
3. Ask eight new questions (or re-use the ones you were asked) for your nominees to answer.

Gwen's Questions:

1. What is your favorite TV show?

I don't watch a lot of television, especially since having children. When I get a spare minute I prefer to write. But - I do have a DVR and when I can sit down to watch a show I almost always choose The Cosby Show! I know, I know...but it's just plain old good TV and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

2. Have you ever read a book based on a friend's recommendation alone? If so, what was it and did you like it?

I'm not much of a pop culture kind of person, so I've never been a big fan of popular fiction, but two years ago my friend Beka recommended The Help. Four of us read the book and then went to see the movie. I really enjoyed it and I'm happy she recommended it.

3. What is your favorite Bible verse?

This is a hard one! I have so many that mean a lot to me. One of the very first that comes to mind is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." I love scriptures that give me a clear call to action, because I know God would not command me to do something I'm incapable of doing. If he says to trust Him, then I know I can.

4. What is your least favorite food?

The older I get, the more I'm enjoying foods I didn't like as a child - like onions and sauerkraut! But, there is one food I've never liked, and don't imagine I ever will: green peppers!

5. Who is your favorite professional sports team?
I have to admit, I'm a big fan of Minnesota sports teams. I love watching Kevin Love & Ricky Rubio shoots some hoops for the Timberwolves and Adrian Peterson make a touchdown for the Vikings - but one of my very favorites is watching Joe Mauer catch a mean fast pitch for the Twins!

6. What is your favorite part about blogging?

I love meeting new people and having a place to share my heart three times a week. I love the comments and discussion on my blog. But more than that, I love when someone comes up to me, or emails me, to let me know how one of my blog posts impacted them. There's really nothing better than that.

7. What is your favorite song(s) and why?

I love On the Street Where You Live from My Fair Lady. When my husband was in high school he sang that song for his Senior Independent Study in music. Whenever he came to my house, on Third Street, he would sing it for me. Four years later, when we bought our first house, it was on the same street I had live on in high school, Third Street. The day we moved in, David sang the song for me again. It was like coming home.

8. What are five of your all-time favorite books?

A Voice in the Wind and Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers, Heaven to Betsy by Maud Hart Lovelace, The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz, and A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin.

The Eight People I Nominate:

I know this is terrible, but I'm not going to tag anyone - everyone who reads my blog is tagged! All of you deserve the Sunshine Award. You each bring sunshine into my life every time you visit. :)
What about you? Choose one of these questions and let me know how you'd answer.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, love knowing more about you. (I only like green peppers if they're cooked. Raw? No thanks. But I love red and yellow.)

    Five of my favorite books...
    The whole Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers
    Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
    Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
    The entire Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery
    Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (haven't read this one since fifth grade, but I loved it then)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love your favorite song story--so sweet!

    My least favorite food (or at least one of them): beets. *shudder* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song story is sooo romantic! Wow. I can see why its your favorite! So enjoyed getting to know you better, Gabrielle. P.S. I love green peppers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I loved a Proper Pursuit and the Colonel's Lady! :)

    My favorite show might be Vampire Diaries. Not just for the vampire element, but the writing is amazing! I learn so much as a writer from watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved A Proper Pursuit too! Loved the mix of humor and romance and adventure in that one. Haven't read The Colonel's Lady - I'll have to put that on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! Oh, and I have to agree with Melissa, beets are high on the list. Right along with liver and feta cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!