Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Bake - yum!

Tonight I put together a dish with ingredients I had in the house and it turned out amazing, so I thought I would share!  Super yummy - I should have taken a picture, but it got devoured by our kids before I had a chance.  Enjoy.


Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Bake

1 T olive oil
1 c chopped onion
2 – 19 oz. bags of frozen cheese filled Tortellini
3 cups chopped spinach
3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts (seasoned with garlic salt)
2 (14 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
1 T dried onion flakes
½ T salt, ½ T pepper
Parmesan cheese, sprinkled over the top

Spread oil on bottom of 11×17 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.  Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.

Prepare frozen Tortellini according to pkg directions. 

Stir together cream cheese and onion flakes. 

In the bowl with the cooked onions add cooked pasta, spinach, chicken, diced tomatoes, cream cheese mixture, salt and pepper.  Spoon mixture into baking dish & sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.  Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!