Thursday, July 25, 2013

200 Blog Posts & 40,000 Page Views!

                       

It occurred to me this week that I've hit two milestones on my blog. In seventeen months, I've published over two hundred blog posts and I've had over forty-thousand page views! That's amazing to me--and worthy of celebrating!
 
When I started this blog, I had no idea where it would take me. In seventeen months I've made hundreds of new friends, hosted amazing authors and been strengthened and encouraged by your support. Some of the coolest moments have been when someone in my community approaches me and tells me my blog has touched them in a special way.
 
A couple months ago I was feeling especially bogged down with the responsibility of my blogging schedule. I was feeling discouraged and disheartened--wondering how many people actually care about what I'm saying here. It was at that time that I ran into an acquaintance and she told me she doesn't miss a single post I write. I was blown away! It was exactly what I needed to hear to keep going.
 
I've also had people stop me in church, the grocery store, at my children's school and other places to let me know something I wrote affected them. I've received emails and phone calls, as well. I'm honored, and beyond thankful, for each person who takes time out of their busy lives to read my blog.
 
My greatest prayer is that I can share a bit of hope, faith and love here. I want to offer a glimpse into my writing journey, but more importantly, I want to share my passion for following a dream. God has blessed my life abundantly, and it's from that abundance that I offer my words and my heart.
 
What about you? If you're a blogger, how many post have you published? How long have you been blogging? If you're a reader, why do you enjoy following blogs?

12 comments:

  1. Great work Gabrielle, keep making a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today, Lisa! I appreciate your support. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your blog, Gabe!

    Hmm, I have no idea how many posts I've written. I should check that sometime. I've been blogging since 2009, but it wasn't until the middle of 2011 that I got truly serious and scheduled about it. :) Staying consistent seemed to make all the difference as far as building readership, that's for sure. The two things I've loved most about blogging are all the friends (seriously, my world expanded hugely when I started blogging) and also the way it's really helped me hone my writing voice. It's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog, too, Melissa! But then again, I love you and your blog is a wonderful extension of you. And you're absolutely right, blogging has helped me hone my voice, as well. It's a fun way to connect with the writing community--but it's also a great way to share my heart with whoever wants a look inside. :) Thanks for being a faithful follower!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! You're one of the blessings I've received since I started this blog.

      Delete
  4. Great milestones! In addition to being a blogger, I'm also a reader. I love connecting with people through their blogs. A site that keeps me reading is one that's genuine. Sure I'm reading for the information, but I've discovered it's the person peeking through that inspires me to return. Thanks for having one of those sites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edie, thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing my posts on Twitter! It's been encouraging to have your presence here. I agree, I love reading blogs that reveal a person's heart and character. Those are the blogs I return to time after time. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with you at ACFW in September!

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad you started blogging and that I started blogging, because I don't know if we would have met otherwise. We probably would have but not sure how close we would be. And I'm glad we're close! :) That's been the biggest blessing about blogging for sure. That's how I met Melissa too.

    I've published 247 posts. Woot! Sometimes, like you, I wonder if it's worth it, but until something shifts, I'm going to keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for 247 posts! I've also thought about that, Lindsay. Our blogs were so instrumental in connecting us. I'm so happy we both answered the call to start our blogging journeys and that God directed our paths to cross. You've be become a lifetime friend.

      Delete
  6. Congrats, Gabe! Indeed we should celebrate every single milestone in our journey! Blogging is a 2-way blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jessica! Thank you for stopping by to help me celebrate. Counting down the days until ACFW! We're going to have the best roommates in the hotel!! :)

      Delete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!